Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The poncho that never was

I wanted to make a poncho, but when it was brought up to knitting and non-knitting friends alike, I was taunted and teased. So with my tail tucked between my legs I put up the yarn, pattern and needles.


Fast forward 1 year. the Knitpicks Panache in Cloud was staring at me. Begging to be knit into something wonderful. So I decided to do something with it and give the yarn its day in the sun.


So out comes one of my pattern books, One Skein Wonders by Judith Durant. There was an adorable hat that was knit in 3 seperate directions called the Shepherd Bulky Rainbow Hat. It was a quick knit and looks adorable (if I do say so myself!). I even ventured to make some fingerless mittens to match from the same book. I'm stylin' in Wisconsin ridiculous winter!!