Friday, June 22, 2007

Random Thoughts on a Lazy Friday

My child is asleep in his big bed. It's a beautiful pillow top Serta Full mattress that we spent an obsence amount on. I can't believe how much money mattresses cost. DH and I bought ours back in 2000 so it's been a while except for S's crib mattress! I'm thrilled he is sleeping b/c a cranky 3 year old is enough to make me want to poke a knitting needle in my eye some days!! Of course nearing the end of my 2nd trimester *might* have me a little impatient lately.

So I have time to update now! I have to admit, I've been bitten by the podcast bug. I have 2 that I'm listening to on a regular basis now. Cast-On and Craft Lit. Both are just fantastic. Brenda on Cast-On is lively hysterical and has a great easy going manner that just relaxes you. The time passes so quickly as I listen. Craft-Lit is hosted by a women who knits AND taught English! She chooses a non-copyrighted book (1st book is Pride and Prejudice) and it's read to you, she discusses it and then you talk about knitting!! It can't get any better than that!!!

I'm trying to get into more podcasts, but 2 is all I can handle right now. I'm sure there will be lots of sleepless nights in October that will call for a podcast or 2!!

So I have been knitting while listening to podcasts. First, the bear's replacement turned out to be an adorable and quick little blanket I knit with 3 different yarns, not from stash. I had to hit the store. It's quite thick and definitely too hot for the Texas summer. I'm going to tell the mother to use it as a Lay-Upon blanket instead of a covering one! It's nice and cushy. I'm sure little Iris will love it.

Second, I just finished the BallBan Washrag from Mason-Dixon Knitting. I have a friend in Michigan who just got divorced (which is good for her) and she's now in an apartment with her two kids. I wanted to spruce up the usually boring white walls for her and give her something girly that she could enjoy looking at as she washed her dishes!! So I had this obnoxiously bright yarn in my stash and have done one washcloth. I'm going to do 2 more solid colors and then pack them up and send them off to her!! I hope she really enjoys them.





My darling little S will be getting an adorable sweater this year for winter. Lynn at Knots in a Row saw this pattern and suggested it. It's fantastic and I can't wait to get the pattern. I've had the yarn for a year now and need to use it! Here is a picture from Classic Elite Yarns in there Puddlejumper pattern book.





Finally, we got our June Rockin' Sock Club shipment. I'm not going to spoil it just yet, but the pattern AND yarn are very much my style! I'm going to knit myself a "Get this baby out" pair of socks for my labor and delivery. I thought it'd be cool to have a pair of handknitted socks as we bring baby into the world!