Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Knitting standstill . . .

Friggin', frackin', freakin' Felix sweater . . . . .

Why have I been absent for almost 2 weeks. . . . not pregnancy, not the 3 year old, not the summer weather . . the FELIX!!

The neck band just won't work. Now I admit, my child has a HUGE head. Always in the 90th or higher percentile. Add that to a 12th percentile body weight and 87th percentile height, he's shaped funny. Honestly his head doesn't look so big compared to the rest of him, but clothes sure to tell a different story.

Without the neck band, the sweater is a PERFECT fit!! Looks good and drapes beautifully. The neck band SUCKS. I've made it 6 ways to Sunday and it always ends up too tight. I've done larger needles, less rows, different stitch pattens. I've done the neck band about 7 times so far. Nothing is working.

I'm mad and have nothing cheery and positive to say so I've been avoiding blogland!!

I decided to go ahead and take the sweater apart and frog a few rows of the front and back to make that neckhole bigger. That *might* give me enough space to do the black neckband and have it fit Logger Head!!! =)

Updates soon . . .