Friday, September 21, 2007

Wow!! It's been too long!

I honestly thought on a few days went by since my last post . . NOPE!! Too much time.

Not much is going on, S started 3K on the 11th. He was THRILLED and is settling into a new routine. He is gone 5 hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'll tell you 10 hours a week to be totally alone is just unbelieveable. I only have another 4-6 class days before E arrives and my time is once again taken with another little man. That's right only 18 days until my due date. How did 9 months go by so fast???

As for knitting . . . lots of starting . . .not much finishing. I did love the Chevron Scarf, but put it in my hospital bag b/c I was going to fast on it. I want it to be with me during labor. I hope to finish it while in the hospital. So that's packed away.

Then I started Mirabella Socks in Socks that Rock Silkie (colorway: Foo-Foo). I love the pattern and color, they're both so girly. The only problem is that my hands are swollen and holding size 1 or even 2 needles is just too hard. Those had to go away for a while!

Low and behold, a co-worker of DHs had a baby. The two boys are close, I've only met the wife once. Perfect. Baby project, easy, big needles . . . a blanket!!! So I ran and go some decent acrylic (yes, I did say acrylic) and decided to do a Fibonacci Baby Blanket in some really neutral colors (taupe, dark taupe and cream). They're not *baby* people so I think a pink blanket woudl have been too much. Got my 10s out and started knitting a 30x40 blanket. I did about 3 stripes and realized that I REALLY liked the blanket, more than I thought I would!! It's so pretty and calm!

E's getting it. No way I can give this away. It's too pretty. S is getting a navy blanket I was working on for E. It's in Cotton Fleece. . . . . now what to do . . . my two boys are both getting new blankets, but this new little girl needs SOMETHING!!

Baby hat. That's the ticket!!!! I can do 2-3 quick baby hats from Knitting Rules and give them to them next week. I'll even add a cute embellishment to one of them to show some extra work!! Well, did one in 2 days. and it's so pretty. I just love Encore Colorspun. The shading looks like a yummy ice cream cone and it really just blends together beautifully.



Pattern: Basic Hat Recipe (large newborn size) Stephanie Pearl-Mcphee

Yarn: Encore Colorspun Worsted

Needles: US7 DPNs Bamboo