Thursday, January 10, 2008

I'm one happy Monkey mama!!!

The Monkeys are finished and I've worn them all day today!! I love these socks and can't wait to start a new pair!! Pattern: Monkey Sock by Cookie A (from Knitty)
Colorway : SpaceDust
Needles: US Size 2 DPNs

So what's next?? I've joined 2 groups on Ravelry that I'm really hoping to get very involved with this year. First is the Sock a Month 5 KAL and next is the 2008 Mission Possible group. Both groups are going to help me decrese my stash before I hit Stitches Midwest this year. I need some room in my closet!!

The SAM5 KAL is really laid back and has 250 members. I need to post there today and show off my socks!!

The 2008 Mission Possible group is the brainchild of Jen-La. Basically, you pick 12 items you want to complete in 2008 w/ your current stash or UFOs. If on December 31st you haven't completed all of them, you need to donate the yarn. This'll help me get a few things of the needles that have been waiting patiently to be finished!

Next on the list is the Big Bad Baby Blanket for a friend of DHs. I'm going to use Blue Sky Dyed Cotton in Sky. I ordered from WEBS. I've been happy with them so far. I'm doing the Shepherd Bulky Hat from One Skein Wonders in Knitpicks Panache until the Blue Sky gets here. If I have time, I want to do mittens to match. I need to knit now that the baby is on a schedule, I hate sitting idle!!

Knitting will be a priority of mine in 2008. It makes me so relaxed to sit and watch my boys play together while I knit. They're the most peaceful times I have these days. As I type this S is reading E a picture book. E is laughing his head off. Truly a great time . . . .