Monday, October 23, 2006

Shawls and blankets and scarves, OH MY!!

I am officially un-motivated to knit. This could be a serious illness or a sign that we at the "end of days" - LOL. I can't believe after almost a year of knitting. I officially started knitting in December of 2005. I taught myself from Stitch'n'Bitch and it went from there. I've many things, one total failure, and a handful of projects just waiting to be started. Why now?? Who the hell knows! I started the Lana Grossa Shawl for SPs Christmas present. . . I've gotten through 1 ball and haven't even picked up the rest of the yarn from our LYS that has been in for about 2 weeks now. The library called with another pattern book I had on hold, I never went to get it. I started my grandmother's blanket. I've done it before, it's the same one I made for R, but in different girly colors. Frogged it and now I can't find the f-ing needles! How do you lose Size 19 Circulars??? I guess the 2 year old is a huge factor!!

So now what? We have Stitch'n'Bitch tonight at the local coffee house. I need something. I always do a lot of work at SnB. Let's look in my stash . . ah, this might have promise . . . a beautiful purple jewel toned Recycled Silk by Mango Moon Yarns.

This is basically the colorway I have, just a little more purple:


L suggested a drop stitch scarf so it's on!! I'm going to knit myself a gorgeous scarf tonight! Pictures to come! I hope this gets me out of my knitting funk! I hate idle hands and can't imagine why I can't get myself going!!!