Wednesday, November 08, 2006

2 FOs for the holidays and 1 crazy cat

I've been cheating on my Lana Grossa Kid Shawl. It's taking a long time and for 60inches, it's stockinette Stitch over 100 stitches!! UGH!!! I'm SO bored with it, but I promised to make DHs cousin a rockin' gift for his family's gift exchange. Oh, the things I do for love!! =)


Anyway, about every 5 inches or so I have to do something new. Here are two projects I'm completed. The first is the same pattern as DHs afghan, but it's for my granny. She's 86 and ALWAYS cold! I used light pink and cream in Patons Divine and then Sierra in LionBrand Homespun. I love this for a gift! It's warm, looks so fancy, and it's QUICK with a huge, huge capital Q!!!




The next is just a hat and scarf set I made for the youngest daughter of one of my lesbian internet friends =). L is around 18 months and so cute. I used some stash yarn (Caron Simply Soft and Moda-Dea Beloved) and it turned out great!! I used a simple garter stitch pattern on both pieces and it really works b/c it looks so lovely and girly. It'll be great to see a picture!!!!





Finally, I have some creepy pictures of Kramer. He's our dog-cat and he has to be in on everything. Here are 2 pictures of him testing out granny's afghan!!!