Thursday, January 18, 2007

The birth of a sock and goodbye to the early 30s!!




Well, I finished my first pair of socks ever. I have such a feeling of accomplishment!! R loves them and is wearing them around the house. Here it is almost finished. They're in the wash right now
so I don't have a finished picture!!

Nice!

I tried to start another pair with Size 1s and Austermann's Step but it's just too much right now. I'm on fertility drugs so I'm feeling a little out of sorts and honestly trying to count a pattern is just driving me nuts!!

I'm now trying out the Toshiko Felted Bag from Berroco. It's super easy and for my MIL. She likes the little bag I made for myself so she wanted one for aerobics. I'm just using Paton's Classic Merino Wool. It felts nicely and was on sale at Joanns. Nothing like buying the in-laws love with handknits!!

In other news, it's cold and I just got a little older this week. Yep I turned 34 and had a wonderful night with my closet friends. We had sushi and I got lots of stuff. Of course we had a great time and I ended up with some more stash!! Thanks to L!!!

She got me 3 hanks of Cascade 220 in various shades of purple! They're just GORGEOUS!! She gave me the pattern The Felted Bucket Bag and I can't wait to make it! It's going to be awesome for the summer and fall! I just need to fit it into my schedule.

I think I'll be redoing my 2007 Knitting Calendar b/c of the drugs. I can't even keep up with a 4 stitch pattern right now. I guess I'm destined to do lots of bags and dishclothes until I get off these drugs to make S and baby brother or sister. At least I'll have most of my Christmas presents done!!