Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Birth of a Sweater

It's quite fitting that I am finishing a baby sweater the same day I start a treatment program for my own secondary infertility. I took for granted how easy S was to make, but now I'm on the other side of the fence. I'm using accupuncture and herbs with my Tradtional Chinese Medicine Doctor as well as regular western medicine. It's been 7 cycles and there is something wrong with my eggs, hormones, lining, etc . Who knows?? Lots of tests during the next few months. I'm hoping that I can have another child biologically, but adoption is option we'll explore. It's just a matter of time.

Meanwhile, I have uber-fertile friends and I'm knitting for them. Maybe all my baby gifts are my way of presenting peace offerings to the fertility gods. They might be pissed about something I've done (who knows what?) so they're keeping me from having that other baby. I think with all the flocking gifts I've made, I should be blessed with triplets!!! LOL

So Baby A's sweater is done. I need to wash it, make the matching hat and it's ready to go out the door!! K will be so thrilled. She can't knit a stitch and thinks all of us knitters are masters of our art.
Now this is the first seaming I've done outside of L's birthday cap. I'm quite the proud knitter right now! I can't believe how easy it is and how great it looks!!! I feel like a genius. Of course Stitch'n'Bitch really taught me everything I know!!!! Now I do have to give "props" to L! She answers any and all lame ass knitting questions I ask too!!

All the little pieces done!!!

I'm a Seaming Goddess!!!

A Little Blocking never hurt anyone!

More great seams . . . this time it's side seams!!


The final product!!!