Monday, August 14, 2006

Totally lied about no more baby items!

I sit here re-reading my posts and my declaration of no more baby items . . . right. I decided to do a hat for Baby A's gift. Adding to the sweater. It turned out cute and swirly! I think it looks like ice cream or sherbert! So many different colors, but they pooled together is such a cute way!! This might get a pom-pom on top.

I just got a Joann's coupon today plus my allowance!! WOOHOO!! Needing a pom-pom skeleton is a great reason to go shopping!!!

Then I decided to knit a quick little cap for another girl in my SAHM club. It only took about 3 hours to do, but it is a baby item. I just can't help myself. The thought of purchasing anything for these people when I have a perfectly good stash of yarn is just beyond me!! I guess, I'll do some hats b/c they're EASY and it's almost winter. I'm still torn between a hat or bib for Shel's babies. Not sure what to do . . . .

Here is a picture of the hat. I used Moda-Dea's Beloved and this Lion Brand pattern:

Bend it Like Beckham Soccer Set

I think I'll add the pom-pom for a little more cuteness. I used 2 different blues. It was the easiest thing to make. I think the next one I'll do will have a bigger band so it can be flipped up. I think this is missing that.